Tuesday 12 February 2008

In Canterbury

I was in Canterbury yesterday. I was there for a Lambeth Conference meeting with some of the people who are doing the organising. I had a chance to wander around the university campus where the conference will be held which was interesting and very pleasant on a warm February afternoon.

Later in the day I visited the former SPCK shop in the centre of the city. The shop wasn't open by the time I got there, but I took a couple of pictures:




It was a shame to see it with the 'closing down' notice - a sad end for the Anglican bookshop in the Anglican city. As you can see there is no mention of reopening 'after re-fitting and re-stocking' as per the statement of February the 4th. The website is still openly promoted as spckonline.com.

I'm not sure whether the big image hanging over the upstairs window is St Stephen the Great. Perhaps someone who has a copy of 'I spy Saints' could advise.

Whilst we are on the subject of the Canterbury shop - if anyone who has been involved in the situation is willing to speak to someone from the media please get in touch.

No comments: